Chicken Rollitini

Chicken Rollitini

Thursday, May 20, 2010

In pursuit of skinny legs

Spring brings with it hope, freshness, sun, flowers, and shorts. Shorts that were put away with sadness last fall and emerged this spring with the usual anxiety. No one likes putting shorts on for the first time each spring. The pale legs are unforgiving and show the neglect I am guilty of. I knew those days of skipping the gym would come back to haunt me, and they have in the form of inches on my thighs and a spare tire around my waist. I probably should be a little more worried than I am, but I know that with the shorts also comes the walks and bike rides that will (hopefully) bring my legs back to where I can look in the mirror without horror and shock.

Of course, a change in eating habits is also in order, and I know that I am not alone here, so I am going to share my once declared "orgasmic" granola recipe with you. I like to use it in a yogurt parfait, layered with vanilla yogurt, berries and bananas. It is also good just as a cereal. Yes, I know some of my friends will say "why would you make granola when you can buy it in a store?" My reply would be that the good granola is expensive and while you may use my recipe exactly, you can also change the flavors to suit your taste.

So wish me luck in my pursuit of skinny legs (or at least to fit in last years shorts) and I wish you well with yours.



Kristen's Orgasmic Granola

2 cups oatmeal
1 cup wheat germ
1/3 cup powdered milk
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 nuts (I like pecans the best)
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped dates
1/4 cup craisins (optional)


Mix all ingredients except fruit and spread on a baking sheet with sides. In a 250 degree preheated oven bake for about an hour(until slightly golden brown), stirring every 10 minutes. Granola will still seem slightly moist when taken from the oven, but crisps up after cooling. When cool add the fruit and store in an air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment